Maj. Gen. Boyd Parker is the Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, 18th Air Force, Scott Air Force Base, Illinois. As Air Mobility Command's sole warfighting numbered air force, 18th Air Force ensures readiness and sustainment of approximately 36,000 active duty, Air Force Reserve and civilian Airmen at 12 wings and one stand-alone group. With more than 400 aircraft, 18th AF supports AMC's worldwide mission of providing rapid global mobility to America's armed forces through airlift, aerial refueling and aeromedical evacuation.
General Parker received his commission in 1990 from the USAF Academy earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematical Science. He earned his pilot wings at Williams Air Force Base in 1991 and was assigned to fly the KC-10 Extender. After serving 9 years in the Regular Air Force, he joined the Air Force Reserve at Travis Air Force Base, California in 1999. General Parker has held numerous leadership positions including chief of standardization and evaluations, flight commander, operations officer, squadron commander and deputy operations group commander. Prior to his current assignment, the general served as Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, U.S. Air Force Expeditionary Center, Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, New Jersey.
General Parker is a command pilot with more than 5,000 flying hours in the T-38, C-12 and KC-10. In his civilian capacity, General Parker is a commercial airline pilot.
1990 Bachelor of Science, Mathematical Sciences, USAF Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1996 Distinguished Graduate, Squadron Officer School, Air University, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1996 Master of Arts, National Security Studies, California State University, San Bernardino, Calif.
2003 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2007 Air Mobility Command Senior Officer Tacticians Course, Air Force Expeditionary Center, Fort Dix, N.J.
2007 Safety and Accident Investigation Board President Course, USAF Safety Center, Kirtland Air Force Base, N.M.
2007 Air War College, by correspondence
2008 Reserve Component National Security Course, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2012 Master of Science, National Resource Strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2014 Director of Mobility Forces Course, Air Force Expeditionary Center, Detachment 1, Hurlburt Field, Fla.
1. July 1990 – July 1991, student, Undergraduate Pilot Training, Williams AFB, Ariz.
2. August 1991 – September 1995, KC-10 aircraft commander, 6th Air Refueling Squadron March AFB, Calif.
3. September 1995 – April 1998, KC-10 instructor and evaluator Pilot, 6th Air Refueling Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
4. May 1998 – July 1999, Chief, KC-10 Aircrew Standardization/Evaluation, 60th Operations Group, Travis AFB, Calif.
5. July 1999 – September 2003, Chief of Standardization/Evaluation and Flight Commander, 79th Air Refueling Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
6. October 2003 – September 2005, assistant operations officer, 6th Air Refueling Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif. (June 2004 – August 2004, Operations Officer, 908th Expeditionary Air Refueling Squadron, Southwest Asia)
7. October 2005 – November 2006, Chief, KC-10 Formal Training Unit, 60th Operation Support Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
8. December 2006 – June 2010, Commander, 70th Air Refueling Squadron, Travis AFB, Calif.
9. July 2010 – May 2011, Deputy Commander, 349th Operations Group, Travis AFB, Calif.
10. June 2011 – June 2012, student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
11. June 2012 – June 2013: Director, Program Integration and Training and later Director, National Outreach and Plans, Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense, Reserve Affairs – Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve, Alexandria, Va.
12. July 2013 – September 2015, Chief Strategy and Planning Division, Office of Air Force Reserve, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. September 2015 – February 2017, Mobilization Assistant to the Director, Strategic Plans, Requirements and Programs, Headquarters Air Mobility Command, Scott AFB, Ill.
14. March 2017 – December 2017, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, U.S. Air Force Expeditionary Center, JB McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, N.J.
15. January 2018 – present, Mobilization Assistant to the Commander, 18th Air Force, Scott AFB, Ill.
Rating: command pilot
Flight hours: More than 5,300
Aircraft flown: T-38A, KC-10A, C-12F
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with six oak leaf clusters
Air Medal Aerial Achievement Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Meritorious Unit Award with one oak leaf cluster
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor Device and nine oak leaf clusters
Armed Forces Reserve Medal with M device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 30, 1990
First Lieutenant May 30, 1992
Captain May 30, 1994
Major May 1, 2001
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2006
Colonel April 1, 2012
Brigadier General May 17, 2017
Major General May 19, 2019
(Current as of August 2019)